Are you tired of working all day long at the office? Or are you suffering from tailbone pain? Whatever may be the reason, it results in severe tailbone pain when you sit for prolonged periods. The lasting thing you need is an ergonomic chair that will help alleviate the pain by reducing the pressure on your hips. Although you cannot get this with a poorly designed office chair, right?
Let’s talk a little about what’s causing tailbone pain before we get into our exclusive list of the best office chair for tailbone pain. Tailbone pain occurs around the bottom of your spine and is usually caused due to poor posture and prolonged sitting on any uncomfortable surface. An office requires you to sit for long working hours and sometimes overtime that can hurt your lower back up to a greater extent.
Remarkably, a good office chair can save you from such situations. It is beneficial to provide wonders to your postures with its ergonomic design and aesthetic construction seriously. In addition to this, the features like backrest and lumbar support reduce pressure on your muscles and lower back, therefore significantly alleviating the tailbone pain. Furthermore, the durable build and soft padding add more to your comfort, and that’s a great deal, no doubt.
After getting through a list of top-notch models, we have successfully filtered ten top-quality models that are undoubtedly a perfect combination of compact and durable designs, making them a suitable choice for office workers. So let’s get right into the business!
Best office chair for tailbone pain – Our top picks
There is no exaggeration in saying that having tailbone pain can make your life miserable. You cannot deal with prolonged working hours, right? People who get a terrible experience with their tailbone should look for the best office chair for tailbone pain to get over this situation. The right chair will make a significant difference to the well-being seriously. You have to look for a completely adjustable chair that can relieve your coccyx pain, therefore, enabling you to sit for more extended periods. In addition to this, we have compiled for you ten top-quality products that will help you get the best experience, no doubt. So let’s get started!
1. NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair
Here comes our top choice! The NOUHAUS Ergonomic Chair with ultimate design and exceptional features that will genuinely not disappoint you in any manner. This chair features a particular structure perfect for improving your posture while reducing pressure on the back and hips. That’s what an office worker is searching for prolonged sitting hours, right? Let’s get right into the details!
This chair comes with a 5-point base for exceptional stability and dual casters for better mobility. The chair is ideal for bearing a weight of 275lbs.
- The chair is fully equipped with a soft ElastoMesh that gives optimal airflow. The plus point is that it avoids sweating, thereby keeping the user comfortable. The smoothness allows workers to sit effortlessly, and they will forget that they are even working. Sounds impressive, right?
- It provides additional comfort with the 4D entirely adjustable lumbar mechanism and armrests. Moreover, the smooth HydraLift and high-grade back tilting system makes it much more delicate and convenient.
- You cannot neglect the mesh headrest as it is adjustable upward or backward, whereas the armrest can go in all directions to fit perfectly around your body. The chair is designed to improve your posture, therefore, ensuring customized comfort while sitting in the office.
- The 135 degrees superior tilt ensures that you are in an ideal position while completing your tasks.
- Incredibly easy to assemble
- 4D adjustable armrests
- Heavy-duty construction
- Alleviates the back pain
- Fully breathable and mesh design
- The chair is a little bulky.
The Bottom Line
Although ergonomics are not only the thing you look for in an office chair when suffering from tailbone pain, you also want a chair with high-end support. In that case, NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair has got you covered with its brilliant design and eye-catching aesthetics. With so many premium features combined, this chair deserves to be the best office chair for tailbone pain, no doubt.
2. Steelcase Office Chair
Steelcase is now up with its latest office chair that’s a fan favorite and excellent for many reasons. Thanks to the high-performance built-in ergonomic characteristics it provides therefore making the chair an exceptional choice. What makes this chair unique? Let’s take a closer look at the features it offers!
Let’s talk about the material! The chair features 100% polyester construction making it ultra-durable and robust. Besides this, the chair also offers exceptional built-in quality with a 12-years limited warranty making it a more suitable option.
- The chair comes with entirely adjustable arms and pneumatic quality height adjustment for effective functioning. Moreover, there is altogether adjustable lumbar support with a seat depth, ensuring that you can sit for prolonged hours with ease.
- Have you seen the tailbone firmness control? It relieves the pain considerably. With a durable 5-position quality recline lock and tension adjustment, the chair has all the features required to reduce pressure on your hips and back.
- It features durable wheels, so don’t worry if you have carpet flooring. The upholstered seat and back are beneficial to provide high back support.
- The brilliant contoured backrest changes shape whenever you move while supporting the back and providing you long-term comfort.
- This office chair is mainly designed for all-day use without compromising comfort; therefore, it is highly durable and versatile.
- 12-years limited warranty
- High-grade comfort
- Premium quality lumbar support
- Changes shape with movements
- Automatic movements
- Completely adjustable
- The seat cushion isn’t much thick
The Bottom Line
Getting an ideal chair for tailbone pain is no more than a treat nowadays. But Steelcase Office Chair has got all the features you need to get the maximum out of it. From efficient support to fully adjustable movements and considerable warranty, this office chair is undoubtedly a great deal for many users. So why are you wasting time? Go and grab yours!
3. Office Star Mesh Back & Seat Chair
Office start products are now dominating the aftermarket with their reliable designs and breathtaking construction. The office star’s top-line chair is one of our top choices that are entirely breathable and comes with high-end stability to amaze the users. You can now enjoy comfortable sitting for long periods with this ergonomic chair. So let’s take a closer look at the features it offers!
With a fully-featured textile construction, the chair is pretty robust to let users sit enjoy comfortable sitting for prolonged periods. Besides this, the chair provides a maximum capacity of 250lbs, making it reliable for all users.
- This office chair features an entirely breathable mesh seat and a one-touch durable pneumatic seat for better adjustment. It offers quick installation making it beneficial for you to use in the office, and it meets all the standards, whether BIFMA or ANSI.
- You cannot neglect the synchro-tilt highly adjustable feature that enables you to tilt the chair at 2:1 for enhanced weight distribution. It also ensures improved blood circulation throughout the body.
- The high-grade lumbar cushioning is excellent to support the lower back while improving your posture significantly. It enhances the natural curve of the spine, thus maintaining the back.
- It comes with heavy-duty flip arms and padded accents with dual-wheel casters for better functioning. The chair is ideally certified for decent quality and features reduced harsh chemicals.
- Lightweight design
- Effortless to assemble
- Premium quality construction
- High lumbar support
- Multiple adjustment options
- Not much sturdy
The Bottom Line
If you have to sit for extended times every day, you will need an office chair to reduce the tailbone pain resulting from prolonged sitting. The Office Star is an excellent option that comes with a broad range of adjustability features to guarantee you that the back is completely comfortable while working. Therefore, you can enjoy office hours immensely.
4. BestOffice High Back Ergonomic Chair
Here comes the classy BestOffice Ergonomic Chair with durable construction and ever-lasting quality. From compact design to quick installation, this high-back chair is no more an exception. The chair will eliminate pressure from the thighs and legs, therefore, alleviating your back pain up to a greater extent. Sounds impressive, right? Well, let’s get started to know more about it!
Surprisingly enough, the chair features a unique appearance and offers additional thick cushioning surfaces to provide maximum comfort. It also ensures high-performance components to support a maximum weight of up to 400lbs.
- What about the six-position adjustable settings? It is no more an exception, trust me. The completely adjustable padded PU armrest and the high-grade lumbar support reduce the tailbone pressure, thereby alleviating the pain significantly.
- Other than this, the decent pneumatic controls maintain the natural curves of your spine, allowing you to choose according to your requirements.
- The chair offers an exclusively breathable design that’s beneficial in maintaining the airflow, therefore, keeping you comfortable and sweat-free. It also ensures that your back doesn’t get excessive heat during summers.
- This office chair comes with a high-grade metal base with nylon rolling casters and a heavy-duty 360 degrees swivel, ensuring excellent mobility and stability.
- What’s more? It comes with all the necessary tools and instructions for reliable functioning. In addition to this, it provides an effortless setup with an estimated time of almost 10 to 15 minutes.
- Eye-catching ergonomics
- Wide sitting area
- Good value for money
- Superior design and construction
- High-grade set up
- The seat pad is thin
The Bottom Line
Overall, the chair offers a durable build with an aesthetic design and plenty of ergonomic features to keep you comfortable throughout the day. With the maximum size and non-deformation options, this high-performance chair is fully equipped to let users enjoy their office hours. YES! You heard that right. Get yourself this durable yet compact chair that offers excellent stability.
5. Dumont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair
The Duramont Ergonomic Chair is a perfect example of durability and practicality going hand in hand. Thanks to the ergonomic and unique design, the office chair is highly comfortable to help you find the correct sitting position. Let’s take a closer look at the features it comes with!
You can reliably set the height and angle for the headrest. The tilt tension and lumbar support adjustments make this a convenient option for users suffering from tailbone pain. With a high-end five-year limited warranty, it is undoubtedly a suitable option.
- This office chair is fully equipped with breathable mesh that provides high-end support, therefore, keeping the back comfortable and relaxed for prolonged periods. The cool air is beneficial to circulate, thus allowing you to sit throughout working comfortably. It also saves you sweat-free.
- Are you suffering from back pain? The chair offers high-level, a fully adjustable lumbar support that goes upward and downward for better movement.
- Furthermore, recline feature is excellent to enable the user to tilt the backrest while improving your posture. As a result, you can effortlessly choose the most convenient position for you.
- With eight quick and straightforward steps, you can assemble the chair with ease. Once you are done with a building, it allows you to set up the way you desire.
- The pneumatic controls are excellent for adjusting the seat according to the position in which you are comfortable working for extended periods.
- Five-years limited warranty
- Fully breathable mesh design
- Sturdy and robust construction
- High-quality lumbar support
- Improves the posture
- Effortless to install
- Not much durable
The Bottom Line
What makes a chair comfortable to use regularly? Undoubtedly, the ergonomics, right? That’s where Duramont stands! This highly ergonomic chair comes with the most reliable design and durable quality that will not disappoint the user. The chair will keep you comfortable while reducing the pain significantly. Many adjustments options will help you get a better sitting experience, trust me.
6. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair
With a seamless design hiding superior technology, the HERMAN Miller Classic office chair is a perfect example of something with aesthetics and durability. It combines style, back support, and design, bringing you a chair that’s ideal for performing only for you while effortlessly dealing with the tailbone pain. Let’s consider it in detail!
Firstly, consider the built-in ergonomic features that will amaze you with the durability and construction. It offers an entire mesh construction making it an ideal option for many users. You can now enjoy prolonged hours working with this ergonomic chair, offering a maximum weight capacity of up to 300lbs.
- This Herman Office chair allows the users to choose the size according to their needs as it comes in three different sizes, making them an excellent treat for many users.
- Besides this, the six-inch high-grade seat height adjustment makes you feel comfortable while sitting and alleviates the coccyx pain immensely.
- The adjustable lumbar support a decent backrest and reduces tension over the lower back with a mesh-designed seat for better functionality.
- With a fully-featured reclining posture and three different alignments, it helps the users to improve their posture while keeping the lower back straight.
- This ergonomic seat also constitutes a waterfall edge that eliminates pressure on the legs with an adjustable armrest to provide you comfortable and fatigue-free sitting.
- Variety of sizes
- Breathable design
- Brilliant performance
- Sturdy and versatile construction
- Lumbar support
- Improves the body posture
- The chair is a little expensive
The Bottom Line
Thanks to the high-grade performance, the chair offers excellent and fully adjustable armrests with multiple tilting systems and premium quality lumbar support. If you desire to invest a little more in getting a high-quality office chair to relieve your coccyx pain, the Herman Miller chair is undoubtedly an excellent option for you. That’s how the chair functions reliably for every user.
7. Home Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair
Do you hate the fact that you cannot move your office chair reliably? Don’t worry; the Home Office Ergonomic Chair has got your back with its brilliant and unrivaled mobility. It offers a versatile and long-lasting design to support your back while reducing tailbone pain. Unfortunately, this efficient chair will completely change your way of sitting. What makes this office chair special? Let’s take a look!
What about the premium quality mesh fabric? It is incredibly flexible to give you a perfectly calm and comfortable feeling that’s no more than a treat, trust me. It improves the airflow while reducing moisture and sweating intensely. Furthermore, the quality materials enhance durability to use the chair for a long time.
- It comes with a high-grade butterfly-designed backrest that’s durable and aesthetic to produce a nice feel. It offers a wrap-around design with an S-curve frame that effectively fits the spine correctly, reducing back pain.
- The adjustable features will assist you in getting the most accessible seating position with the seat and height adjustment options. The adjustable height options ensure a customized sitting adventure.
- You cannot neglect the thick-padded durable yet innovative thick seat padding that enables you to sit centrally. It also ensures that minimum pressure is allocated on your thighs and legs with a high-density sponge for quiet sitting.
- The chair comes with quick installation, and you can use it effectively up with six simple steps. The water-resistant and noise-free casters will help you get the best-in-class experience.
- Reduces tailbone pain up to a greater extent
- Strengthens the leg and core muscle s
- Five-years limited warranty
- High-end stability
- Easy assembling
- Not for tall people
The Bottom Line
With a technologically up-to-date design and highly advanced features, this office chair is mainly designed to make your sitting experience worthwhile. The chair features an incredibly active sitting mechanism with a thick padded seat intended exclusively to ensure high-end performance. It undoubtedly promotes a good posture making it an exception.
8. Dowinx Office Chair
An entirely traditional chair, the DOWINX Office chair is an incredibly supportive chair to help you deal with tailbone pain. Its durable construction and ergonomic features will not disappoint you in any manner. With exclusively practical features, it will cradle your body ideally. Besides this, the chair is designed to offer some versatile features, so let’s explore in detail!
This high-grade office chair comes with an alloy frame and PU leather construction making it more eco-friendly and durable. You will get a 5-inch high-performance foam that’s pretty comfortable to sit for long times. The chair has a maximum capacity of about 350lbs.
- The chair features an armrest design and is highly innovative with an incorporated massager. The massager requires a USB power supply to connect the port on the power bank, computer, or car. As a result, it is ideal for people sitting for prolonged periods.
- Consider the mobility! The smooth-rolling casters offer 360-degree swivel wheels for intelligent mobility with a 90 to 180 degrees recline function to work for prolonged periods.
- The retractable and highly rocking 20 degrees controllable footrest makes it easy to relax along with a completely adjustable seat height. The lumbar pillow improves the body posture significantly.
- Have you seen the winged back? It ensures multi-contacts while sharing the pressure providing you high-level lumbar support making the user feel comfortable. The seat design allows users to lean the legs comfortably with the soft filling.
- Solid and stable chair
- Highly comfortable with a breathable design
- Eco-friendly quality material
- Ensures decent weight distribution
- Soft texture and durable
- Alignment isn’t much reliable
The Bottom Line
DOWNIX Office Chair is an excellent option featuring a solid metal frame ensuring an appropriate sitting position. With many ergonomic features, this high-grade office chair offers exceptional characteristics allowing you to enjoy sitting for prolonged times. If you have severe tailbone pain, this is the perfect option for you.
9. OFM ESS Collection Bonded Leather Executive Chair
If you are looking for the best office chair for tailbone pain, nothing can be better than the OFM LESS Collection Executive chair that comes with all the exceptional features to provide you a perfect sitting experience. You can sit for repeated hours without getting fatigued. The rugged construction makes it beneficial to cope with all your back pain. Let’s get started!
Have you seen the superior leather bonded construction? The stitched and flexible design is beneficial to cradle your body greatly with a comfortable design and upscale look. Moreover, it comes with a weight capacity of almost 250lbs, making it a more convenient chair.
- The chair features segmented, highly embellishing seat and height cushioning to provide ultra-high stability and unparalleled comfort. Besides this, it will make your office look highly appealing with modern aesthetics, seriously.
- Surprisingly enough, it offers a back and seat tilt mechanism with a complete gas seat adjustment making it a more suitable option.
- What’s more? The 360 degrees swivel design enables the worker to move the chair wherever desired throughout the room. Sounds fantastic, right?
- Furthermore, the chair constitutes highly ergonomic arms and a padded design for complete upper body support, enhancing the posture. The adjustable reclining feature will assist you in customizing the comfort greatly.
- This durable, ergonomic chair comes with a nylon base for long-lasting use and effective movement.
- Reliable tilt and lock feature
- Traditional design with modern aesthetics
- Multiple adjustability options
- Padded and segmented backrest
- Supports considerable weight
- It lacks adequate ventilation.
The Bottom Line
Isn’t tailbone pain annoying? Well that’s true! This office chair is mainly designed for people suffering from back problems. The soft seat and well-padded back support make it a convenient option for tailbone pain. It helps improve blood circulation up to a greater extent. The chair comes with a premium high-grade foam cushion making it exceptional.
10. Furmax Office Executive Chair
Here comes the classy FURMAX Office Executive Chair that comes with versatile construction and innovative features. It comes with heavy-duty construction and ultimate strength that makes it a top choice for many users. It works reliably to reduce pressure on the back while making the chair highly comfortable for you. So let’s take a closer look!
The chair features a well-constructed and fully-featured PU leather construction making it highly waterproof. Besides this, it is wear-resistant, making it last longer, and the solid five-star wheels add more to the mobility ensuring high-grade comfort.
- Firstly, the high-back executive office chair comes with fine quality and ensures high-level comfort to the users when sitting for long periods.
- The high-grade comfortable cushioning provides additional support with a soft and reliable texture for better performance. The sizeable thick seating pad allows you to sit all day effortlessly.
- With a durable and ergonomic design, this office chair is ideal for reducing pressure on your legs and hips, making you fatigue-free. Sounds impressive, right?
- The fully adjustable heavy-duty base ensures a superiorly stable structure with effective smooth-rolling casters for decent mobility.
- You cannot neglect the simple pneumatic controls to adjust the seat heights according to your needs and get a comfortable sitting position.
- What’s more? The chair comes with 360 degrees of swivel movement and a weight capacity of up to 300lbs, making it suitable for many users.
- High-grade leather construction
- Massive thick padding
- Heavy-duty base with ergonomic wheels
- Modern and aesthetic design
- Durable and solid frame
- Not much supportive
The Bottom Line
Overall, this ergonomically designed chair is compact and comfortable at the same time. It offers broad usage with a multi-grade warranty and refined construction. From flexible options to comfortable cushioning, the chair provides you all the features you need to get the best-in-class adventure. It can be a considerable addition to your office chairs if you want to sit for prolonged periods.
Things to consider while buying the best office chair for tailbone pain
Finding the best office chair for tailbone pain is difficult when many top-notch models are available in the market. That makes it pretty challenging to end up telling which one is the best.
Have you seen how NOUHAUS has made some breathtaking records in manufacturing quality office chairs? The models are worthy enough to alleviate your back pain greatly, right? What about the DURAMOUNT recent office chair? It’s a depiction of legacy, no doubt.
Now, what do you have to do? How will you make the right decision in getting an ideal office chair? Well, we have found the most accessible way for you.
If you are interested in finding the most effective chair for tailbone pain, this ultimate guide will help you make the right decision. Follow up on the direction mentioned below and get the appropriate chair for you.
· Weight capacity
The first thing that comes to our mind when getting an office chair for coccyx pain is the weight capacity. Look for a chair with chrome and steel base as they feature high-grade material holding power between 300lbs to 600lbs. You can also look for a chair offering you a standard capacity of almost 200 to 300lbs.
· Ergonomic Design
An office chair should include a backrest that durably fits your spine while releasing tension from your muscles. Moreover, the ergonomic chairs also have durable yet padded armrests allowing you to relax the upper back and elbows significantly. Besides this, it should offer ahead and footrest that will make the chair much more comfortable.
· Soft Padding
Anyone who desires to work for more extended periods without getting severe coccyx pain needs to get an office chair with reliable construction. The chair must feature sponge padding with soft foam padding providing you comfortable sitting. It will help eliminate the pressure on the lower back, thereby eliminating the back pain.
· Swivel Base
Getting the best office chair for tailbone pain should include a swivel base as it allows the users to rotate effectively for 360 degrees. It will help you get behind and reach things while turning or twisting back, thus making the chair more user-friendly. It also allows the tailbone to hurt less.
Another essential feature to consider is the material. Commonly, office chairs for tailbone pain feature mesh, faux leather, and leather construction. You will get the mesh fabric as the most reliable and budget-friendly option on the market. Ensure that you get the right chair with durable material as it will last for longer years, providing you a worthy experience.
· Lumbar Support
Lastly, it is pretty necessary to look for lumbar support. The plus point is that it will ensure that you can effortlessly sit for extended periods, therefore, relieving your muscle fatigue up to a greater extent. It keeps your posture straight while maintaining the natural curve of your spine. As a result, look for high-grade lumbar support to get effective functioning.
The Bottom Line
An office chair can make your sitting experience best when you make the right choice; on the other hand, it can ruin it if you choose the wrong model without considering the features mentioned above.
To make your purchase worth it, we choose top-ten, highly-rated office chairs for tailbone pain helping you to decide effortlessly which one suits you best according to your needs and budget. All the models mentioned above are compiled from the best office chairs in the market. If you are finding it difficult to make the final decision, here’s our recommendation!
NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair is genuinely a perfect amalgam of durability and practicality combined. From high-grade ergonomics to durable built-in quality, the chair offers all the features you need to sit comfortably for more extended periods.
Altogether, the best office chair for tailbone pain comes with an ergonomic design, soft padding, swivel base, lumbar support, and all other features which will make your sitting experience incredible.